In March of 1913, nearly six weeks after its founding, several Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Founders marched in the historic Suffragist March under the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. banner, the Sorority’s first public act. Today, low voter turnout statistics highlight the need to continue to identify ways to include opportunities for all citizens to exercise their voting power. Each of Delta’s programmatic initiatives has an advocacy component that is implemented under the auspices of social action when it is appropriate or necessary to do so.
Under the auspices of the National Social Action Commission, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. continues to institute activities that foster:
- Sponsoring Voter Registration and voter education programs
- Combating Voter Suppression
- The full restoration of voting rights for individuals who have paid their debt to society (ex-offenders)
- Affordable Health Care and access to quality health care
- Financial Literacy and Economic Empowerment
- Support for HBCU
- Political Awareness and Involvement
- Gender Equality
- Racial Profiling
This website is the sole property and responsibility of the Augusta Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.