Visiting Deltas, we welcome you! When visiting the Augusta Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, please be aware of the following chapter meeting procedures. Chapter Meetings are held the second Saturday of each month except in June, July and August.
Shelter in Place Provisions: Our May 9, 2020 Chapter Meeting will be held virtually. Only Augusta Alumnae Chapter’s 2019-20 Financial Members will be able to participate.
Regular Chapter Meetings: Chapter Meetings begin at 10:00 a.m. and are held at the A.R. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School located at 1324 Laney-Walker Blvd., Augusta, GA 30901
Meetings of the Augusta Alumnae Chapter are only open to duly initiated members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. A visiting Delta is required to show proof of membership and will not be admitted into the meeting without proper identification. Proof of membership is verified by a membership identification card along with a government issued identification card (e.g. driver’s license, passport, etc.). Visiting Deltas must be prepared to present her membership credentials and photo identification to the Deltas at the Membership Services table upon arrival. First time visiting Deltas are encouraged to arrive early for membership verification.
If an individual Delta has misplaced her membership identification card, she should contact Membership Services through National Headquarters Staff of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., for verification forms and/or request a new membership card. Upon membership verification, notification will be returned to the Chapter President; a visiting Delta will then be admitted into the meeting.
Please be advised that business attire is required for every chapter meeting.
WHAT IS BUSINESS ATTIRE?
- Business attire is traditionally a business suit or other clothing that reflects a professional style.
- Pants must be full length. Capris, leggings, cropped pants, or Gauchos are not allowed.
- Jackets, blouses, T-shirts or sweaters classified as paraphernalia are not allowed. A blazer with a Delta Crest is allowed.
- Flip flops, foam bottomed shoes or beach shoes are not allowed.
- Denim attire and baseball style caps are not allowed.
- Please refer to the Ritual and/or Protocol and Traditions Manual for other attire guidelines.
We look forward to meeting you and having you join us.
Individuals seeking membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. will NOT be admitted into the chapter meeting. For more information regarding membership, please visit our national website at www.deltasigmatheta.org.